Indoors, outdoors, summer, winter… The UCI offers a very broad portfolio of cycling events. With over 50 events organised every year, there are a whole host of opportunities. The UCI will help you find an event that fits your strategy perfectly.
Please get in touch with us at [email protected] for more details.
Why host a UCI event?
Cycling is unique in sport. It not only offers competition but it is also a means of transport. This responds to many modern concerns: it is eco-friendly and good for health. Cycling can also showcase your region and boost your local economy.
A. Economic, tourist and social objectives of host cities
- Showcase the region or city’s ability to host major international sporting events,
- Benefit from international media coverage which will boost the reputation of a region or city,
- Create an ideal platform to promote tourism,
- Inject activity into the local economy,
- Involve the population, and in particular the young, in a dynamic, international project,
- Emphasise the advantages of cycling and highlight local projects and social initiatives to develop cycling.
B. Event legacy
DEVELOPING CYCLING IN YOUR CITY
Hosting a UCI event provides the perfect platform for promoting cycling in your city.
Do you want to promote your region/city as a bike-friendly environment?
Do you wish to develop tourism and encourage your citizens to use bikes as a means of transport?
Hosting a UCI event translates your ideas and plans into actions. The UCI can support you in building a strategy to develop cycling. We provide you with ideas and benchmarks from successful initiatives around the world to help you to reach your goals. We share the same target: developing cycling!
Cycling is more than a sport, it provides answers to a lot of society’s current concerns on how to improve public health and the environment and how to alleviate urban traffic problems.
UCI BIKE CITY LABEL
To promote cities and regions that invest in cycling, the UCI has created the “UCI Bike City Label”. This label will be awarded to cities that are active in two fields:
- Hosting UCI events,
- Developing cycling for the local population.
The labels will be awarded every year during the UCI Road World Championships and are valid for four years. A communication plan built on the UCI’s various channels will be dedicated to the winners.
2018-2023 UCI World Championships