Peter Sagan has enjoyed huge popularity over the last few years. At 25 years of age, the new UCI World Champion is well-liked not only because of his temperament as a rider, but also his attitude off the bike. But who exactly is this precocious athlete?
Peter Sagan was born on January 26th 1990 in Žilina, Slovakia.
One of his brothers, Juraj Sagan, is also a professional cyclist
Peter Sagan turned professional in 2010 after shining as a Junior on the road, in mountain bike and cyclo-cross.
Peter Sagan is a sprinter-puncheur, also capable of climbing mountains more than satisfactorily.
He is known for his entertaining ways of celebrating his victories, and his antics which are as crazy as they are spectacular and which are widely commented on digital and social media.
2009: Dukla Trenčín Merida (SVK)
2010: Liquigas-Doimo (ITA)
2011-2012: Liquigas-Cannondale (ITA)
2013-2014: Cannondale (ITA)
Since 2015: Tinkoff-Saxo (RUS)
• 2015 UCI Road World Champion
• Slovakia National Champion, road race, in 2011, 2012, 2013 2014, 2015
• Slovakia National Champion, time trial, in 2015
• Tour de France: 4 stages as well as points classification in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
• Vuelta a España: 4 stages
• Tour of California: 13 stages and, in 2015, overall classification
• Tour de Pologne: 2 stages and overall classification 2011
• Tour de Suisse: 11 stages
• Tirreno-Adriatico: 5 stages
• Paris-Nice: 2 stages
• Tour de Romandie: 1 stage
• 2014 E3 Harelbeke
• 2013 Gent-Wevelgem in Flanders Fields
• 2013 Grand Prix Cycliste de Montréal
In addition : 3rd 2012 Amstel Gold Race, 2nd 2013 Milano-Sanremo, 2nd 2013 Tour of Flanders, 6th 2014 Paris-Roubaix…
2008 UCI Junior Mountain Bike Cross-country World Champion
Silver medallist, 2008 UCI Junior Cyclo-cross World Championships